The deadline to register teams for the Spring 2014 season is April 1st. Sign up today so you don’t miss out.
March 27, 2014 – Current Players and Teams
- 17 Teams is not a good number. We need to have 16 or 20. Unclear if there are three new teams out there meaning the dreaded “C” talks are starting. Contraction.
- The free agent lottery was won by the Canvassers as career hits leader Matt Dreyfus rejoins the team he spent one season, and won his only World Series, with back in 2009. The Canvassers had previously lost out on another former player, Nick West, who ended up with Suns Out Guns Out. With Dreyfus can the defending World Champs challenge the domination of the Barnburners?
- One more experienced free agent is available, career strikeouts leader (and career AB leader) Felix Fernandez. Unclear if anyone will pick him up though because of his “off field” issues, not the least of which is his new secret identity.
- One new team is fighting off contraction talks by rolling out their logo and filling their rosters. The Chuggin’ Chorizos have six players and a logo. Sounds like a new team to us.
March 22, 2014
- 15 Teams Including 3 New Teams Have Signed Up So Far. We’ll either take 16 or 20, so there is either 1 spot, or there are 5 spots left.
- Ha’chi Mountaineers are OUT for the Spring. They intend to return in the Summer, but the pink socks need a good washing in the meantime and ace Neal Kovach has chosen love over wiffleball. Unclear if there is free agent poaching available, of which Dave Lucadamo is probably the only real get.
- 7th Linning Stretch is not returning, journeyman, carpetbagger, slut, whatever you want to call him, Nick West, likely the top free agent of the off season has signed with Suns Out Guns Out.
- Christopher Pike of Sex Panther fame has signed with the Janitors, and since he was the only Sex Panther that ever showed up, that franchise has effectively died. It works almost none of the time.
- Still waiting to hear from the Gumballers, last season’s World Series runners up. Also waiting on the bastard stepchild of the Scared Hitless franchise the Gas House Gorillas. With Alex Filides hinting at retirement, for the third time, the door might be closing on this storied, but never champion, franchise.
February 25, 2014
- One week into registration Canvassers, DC Twits, Garbage Plates and Master Batters have all had at least one player register.
February 17, 2014
- Will Wheelchair be back or is the loss of Thaman too much to overcome?
- Can the Canvassers defend their record setting 6th World Championship, or will the Barnburners return to tie the record?
- Is Alex Filides re-re-retired?
- Has Matt Gagnon bottomed out yet?