The 20th PWL season, and final for Commissioner Gallaway, is starting to shape up. There will be a large focus on off field matters this season, but the teams and players still dominate the league discussions.
3/14/2015 – See the Current Teams and Players
- 11 Teams have Signed Up So Far, 10 Returning from Spring or Summer 2014. Commissioner Gallaway would like have to 20 teams for this 20th season.
- Pitch Perfect is the only “new” team so far, but the players are largely the same as the Summer 2007 team Drinkers With A Hitting Problem. In their one season they made it to the World Series, before losing to the Canvassers.
- The Blandsford Barnburners and Dupont Circle Jerks return after taking the Summer off. The Barnburners have announced this is their final season, and they are hoping to erase the bitter taste of losing the World Series for the first time in their history to the DC Twits last Spring. Holding the Commissioner’s Trophy is the end goal, but watch both Shannon brothers this season as they both likely pass the all time home run king Stephen Zigmund, it’s just a race to see who does it first.
- The Wolfpack will return to defend their Summer World Championship. Which means the musical chairs of who has to take Gannon, the Pack, or the Barnburners, needs to play out. Loser takes him. That means no more Nasty Boys again this season, as Adriano DeSorrento has abandoned his former squad, leaving some of them looking for other teams to take them as free agents. You can’t doubt the results though, as DeSorrento is sleeping with the World Series trophy in his bed each night right now. Also likely means Suns Out Guns Out won’t return either.
- With Nine Spots to Fill There are Likely 3-4 teams from the past two seasons who haven’t signed up yet still out there. Leaving 5-6 spots for new teams.
- Summer 2014 Teams Who Have Yet to Commit: I Want My Corners, Garbage Plates, Jimmy Giggles and the Killer Wiggles, Chicken and Wiffle
- Spring 2014 Teams Who Have Yet to Commit: Torn Labrums, One Hit Wonders, Superman’s Wheelchair, Moose Knuckles, Sacbunt, Chuggin’ Chorizos