Finally got some excitement in Week 3, here’s what went down -
- Have to acknowledge the breaking of the home run record by Jack Shannon. At this point picking anyone but the Barnburners to take home the trophy is nothing more than a calculated bet to get better than even money
- One team left unbeaten as Michael “Batting Practice” Burns came on in relief and made the Circle Jerks look like well, the Wolfpack as they sprayed hits all over the field to get the upset
- Shorthanded Canvassers did everything they could to lose two but take the oh-so-satisfying “pitcher ejection forfeit while trailing to a winless team” victory to keep them atop their division
- Besley Bashers and Garbage Plates had everything lined up to shake up the rankings with upsets but couldn’t seal their respective deals. Let’s see if moving forward they can’t throw a wrench in the otherwise predictable postseason lineup. They have to catch a break at some point right?
- Seems like the DC Twits have played nothing but big games, if they can come out .500 next week don’t be surprised if they don’t lose the rest of the regular season
- Moose Knuckles take two, showed everyone they mean business but with games against the Canvassers and Twits next week we’ll see if they can challenge for a bye
- Gumballers fail to take care of regular season business; all of a sudden it’s easy to see them with five losses on the outside looking in of the postseason. Everyone still hopes to draw them Round 1, they’ll need Nitto and his massive sweaty t-shirts to put a postseason scare into anyone