With the expansion to 16 teams we’re also expanding POTW nominations to five from three.
VOTES ARE DUE AT NOON ON FRIDAY
- Alfred Breuer (Garbage Plates) – The rookie free agent had the benefit of the red field, but nevertheless leads the league in homers (3) and RBI (9). He slugged 1.000 and batted .438 in his first ever 16 at bats as he led his team to two victories. He also pitched six innings striking out three with a 1.00 ERA.
- Christopher Keeven (Superman’s Wheelchair) – Keeven is no stranger to this list and opened the Spring season with two homers and four driven in. Wheelchair rolled to two victories and Keeven leads the league in slugging at 1.333, while batting .444.
- Craig Mann (NWO) – The off season pickup of Craig Mann by NWO proved to be a smart one after opening day. Mann homered twice and drove in three runs as NWO got off to a 2-0 start. Mann is used to running his own team so time will tell how he fits into the Filides Farm, but he’s slugging 1.091 and batting .455 to get things started.
- Jim Shannon (Blandsford Barnburners) – Jim is the more interesting, if slightly less talented, twin of the Shannon bothers but started much stronger than Jack Week 1. A homer, a triple and five singles helped him lead the league in batting at .636. He slugged 1.091 and drove in two runs as the Barnburners snuck past the Waddle and beat up the Canvassers to start out undefeated.
- Joe Thaman (Superman’s Wheelchair) – Thaman tossed his second career perfect game and the 22nd in league history to open the season. Over two games on the mound he struck out 12 and allowed just three hits for an OBA of .111. He was no slouch at the plate either, slugging .750 and hitting .375 with a home run and three RBI.
Player of the Week (Sp11): Week 1
About POTW: Each week five nominess will be announced for Player of the Week. The league, fans, and press will vote for the winner. Winners receive a very limited edition wiffleball keychain. For a history of the award, check out Player of the Week History.