We’re at week two, and as we said before, power numbers are way down. Whether attributed to the lack of wind blowing out or just the pitchers are getting better? Who knows. I do know one thing — it’s Player of the Week Nomination time.
Only one automatic nomination this week as opposed to last week with all 5 — seems like it’s a battle of the batting averages now! Let’s hope the power returns next week.
- Alex Brown of the Canvassers helped his team on their triple header by batting .455 with an OPS of 1.273. Not to mention he had a homerun, 2 RBIs, and 3 runs.
- Nicolas West has made 7th Linning Stretch into a team not to be taken lightly at 3-1. Not only has West been pitching well for 7th Linning, but he batted .625 with an OPS of 1.75 — with 2 double and 1 triple.
- Don McClintock has stepped up big for the Gumballers in the pitching role. Starting both games this past week and only giving up 3 total runs in 2 games. Not only that, he went a perfect 5-5 against Scared Hitless. Batting .600 for the week with an OPS of 1.200, McClintock is becoming a key player for the Gumballers.
- Zach Carter of the Master Batters wasn’t here for the first week — but I know they’ll want him there for week 3 after his Spring 2013 debut. Zach helped keep the Master Batters undefeated (4-0) by batting .625 with an OPS of 1.625 — hitting 3 doubles.
- Trevor Fedie is our only automatic bid of the week, hitting for the cycle for the new team Porkchop Sandwiches (1-4). Trevor only batted .250, but his cycle was enough to beat the Canvassers and give the Porkchop Sandwiches their first win of the year!
VOTING CLOSES AT NOON FRIDAY
The public vote counts for 50% of the overall total, and the league managers vote counts for the remaining 50%.
POTW: Week 2 (Sp13)
About POTW: Each week five nominess will be announced for Player of the Week. The league, fans, and press will vote for the winner. Winners receive a very limited edition wiffleball keychain. For a history of the award, check out Player of the Week History.