Well in comparison to last week, Week 3 was an offensive explosion. Had some tough decisions to make in regards to player of the week. Even though most of these stats happened on the blue field, where the wind carried a bloop single 200 feet.
- Dave Lucadamo from Ha’chi Mountaineers is up for his 2nd career nomination. In week 3, he had 5 home runs and 7 RBIs – and had an OPS of 3.091 (!). He’s leading Ha’chi in just about every offensive category (and has only played 2 of the 3 weeks), helping them stay atop the competitive West.
- Joe Thaman – ol’ faithful it seems every year for Superman’s Wheelchair, tallying his 18th POTW nomination! While he didn’t have his two best pitching performances, he made up for it with his bat, breaking out of his “slump.” With 3 home runs, 6 RBIs, and 2.375 OPS, Thaman helped keep Superman undefeated.
- Alex Cohn of the rookies Besley Bashers gets his first nomination. In 3 games, Cohn was on fire against Nasty Boys, Ha’Chi, and Superman’s Wheelchair – batting .692. Not only that, he hit 4 home runs and had 5 RBIs.
- I’m not sure how Superman’s Wheelchair were able to grab free agent Todd Ogg so quietly, but what a pickup. With an OPS of 2.375, Ogg hit just about everything in Week 3. Ogg knocked in 6 RBIs with 3 home runs, which was key for Superman this past week in their offensive battles.
- This is Jack Rems first year with PWL, and thus his first POTW nomination – proving to be a key addition for the Natty Brohs. In Week 3 he batted .545, 4 home runs, and 6 RBIs. It’s obvious he’s the best player on Natty Brohs, we’ll see how he can help them finish the year strong.
Get your votes in now! Who will take home the keychain this week?!
VOTING CLOSES AT NOON FRIDAY
The public vote counts for 50% of the overall total, and the league managers vote counts for the remaining 50%.
POTW: Week 3 (Sp13)
About POTW: Each week five nominess will be announced for Player of the Week. The league, fans, and press will vote for the winner. Winners receive a very limited edition wiffleball keychain. For a history of the award, check out Player of the Week History.