It’s getting to the playoff push time of year again. Where the clutch players start to show themselves and the playoff picture becomes clear. This week, Jack Shannon pitched a perfect game to get an automatic bid and the rest of the nominees are hitting the ball all over the place.
- Joe Thaman is up for POTW again (19 nominations). It’s no wonder Superman’s Wheelchair are always in the hunt with this guy on the mound and a 2.750 OPS this week; with 3 homeruns and 4 RBIs.
- Jack Shannon is our only automatic nomination of the week, although he would’ve been nominated no matter what. Somehow this is only Jack’s 7th POTW nomination. Jack pitched a perfecto against Ha’Chi to start the Barnburner’s day. Jack then went on to hit 6 home runs, with an OPS of 2.333.
- Jim Shannon is making things difficult for the rest of the league to have any confidence when facing the Barnburners. He batted .800 for the week, with an OPS of 1.800 in 3 games. Jim also pitched a shutout against the Janitors.
- Matt Gagnon of the Moose Knuckles turned things around this week, breaking out of his slump in a big way. Hitting 3 doubles, a home run, and 4 RBIs, Gagnon tallied an OPS of 2.000 to help Moose stay at .500.
- Jack Rems had one game this week — statistically though, he had 4.5 games. In a 28 inning losing effort game against the Natty Brohs, Jack had 13 hits in one game (a new record!), batted .500, and an OPS of 1.154. Jack’s 13 hits more than doubled the Dupont Circle Jerks total hits that game (6).
VOTING CLOSES AT NOON FRIDAY
The public vote counts for 50% of the overall total, and the league managers vote counts for the remaining 50%.
POTW: Week 4 (Sp13)
About POTW: Each week five nominess will be announced for Player of the Week. The league, fans, and press will vote for the winner. Winners receive a very limited edition wiffleball keychain. For a history of the award, check out Player of the Week History.