We have 2 automatic nominations this week everyone — both Joe Thaman and Jeffrey Nitto pitched perfectos. They’ll be followed by some tough competition though. Every run is more important now as we head into Memorial Day break and our final weekend on June 2. Let’s vote!
- Joe Thaman (21st nomination) not only pitched a perfect game (6 strikeouts) against the reeling DC Twits, but batted .667 and had a homerun. There’s a reason Superman’s Wheelchair continues to be dominant.
- The Moose Knuckles brought in a guest player for the past 3 weeks — Jon Gagnon — and boy has he made it look easy, improving every week. This week, Jon batted .899 with an OPS of 2.111! Oh and he had a homerun and 7 RBIs.
- The second automatic nomination this week is Jeffrey Nitto (2 nominations). Pitching a perfect game (7 strikeouts) against the Garbage Plates to close out the Gumballers triple header. Nitto also managed to have an OPS of .750 through three games.
- Brett Shegogue is making a great push for the Dupont Circle Jerks to get into the playoffs this year (maybe the new hats help?). Hitting a homerun, knocking in 3, and an OPS of 1.375, Brett helped his team score to win both games this week.
- Andrew Flowers of the Moose Knuckles continues to be arguably their most important player (batting .510 for the season). This week, Flowers was on base almost every at bat — with an OPS of 1.556, Flowers has helped the Moose Knuckles get back in the playoff fight.
VOTING CLOSES AT NOON FRIDAY
The public vote counts for 50% of the overall total, and the league managers vote counts for the remaining 50%.
POTW: Week 6 (Sp13)
About POTW: Each week five nominess will be announced for Player of the Week. The league, fans, and press will vote for the winner. Winners receive a very limited edition wiffleball keychain. For a history of the award, check out Player of the Week History.