Well this week we saw 4 perfect games. That’s right 4. So thanks to some good pitching and weak hitting, it makes the POTW nomination ballot have 4 pitchers and 1 hitter.
- Michael Burns (6 nominations, 1 win) of Suns Out Guns Out had one of the best pitching performances to date. Normally, you pitch one perfect game, you get nominated, so Burns decided to pitch two perfect games. In 12 IP, Burns had 6 strikeouts, on 24 batters faced. He also batted .400 with an RBI on the day.
- Spencer Howard (2 nominations, 1 win) is off to a great start this season, being nominated 3 straight weeks now. And when Morin had to leave for a new job in SanFran, Howard stepped up as the next pitcher in line — and pitched a perfect game against the Chuggin Chorizos (7 IP, 7 strikeouts, 14 batters faced). Howard on the day had 11 IP, 10 strikeouts, and gave up 2 hits. Batting, Howard was just .300 with a double.
- Adriano DeSorrento (6 nominations, 2 wins) of Nasty Boys has only given up 1 run all year, a solo shot in week 3 (in 47 IP), that’s crazy. Sunday was no different, Adriano pitched a perfecto against the DC Twits (6 IP, 12 batters faced, 6 strikeouts). On the day, Adriano had a line of 21 IP, 0 runs, and 15 strikeouts (held Chorizos scoreless through 15 innings). Batting, Adriano was .417, with a double.
- Rookie alert! Connor Dierman (first nomination) has been keeping new team SacBunt in games with his pitching. On Sunday, Connor gave up 1 hit in 2 games and had a perfecto against Besley (7 IP, 15 BF, 7 strikeouts). Overall, Dierman had 13 IP, 27 BF, 1 hit, 0 runs, and 17 strikeouts. Batting, he went .364, 1 homerun, and 3 RBIs — not bad Connor!
- Andrew Flowers (5 nominations, 0 wins) of Moose Knuckles is one of the most consistent hitters this year in the league. This week was no different for Flowers, batting .636, hitting 5 homeruns, 9 RBIs, and an OPS of 2.727. At this pace, he is a real candidate for the triple crown.
VOTING CLOSES AT NOON FRIDAY
The public vote counts for 50% of the overall total, and the league managers vote counts for the remaining 50%.
POTW Week 4
About POTW: Each week five nominess will be announced for Player of the Week. The league, fans, and press will vote for the winner. Winners receive a very limited edition wiffleball keychain. For a history of the award, check out Player of the Week History.