- Our only automatic nominee goes to Nick West (8 nominations, 1 win) who hit for the cycle on Sunday. West not only did that, but he batted .727, with an OPS of 2.273. He had 2 doubles, 2 triples and a homerun for 4 RBIs. Suns Out are getting their bats together at the right time.
- Jack Shannon (9 nominations, 3 wins) is one of the many Barnburners who always manage to find themselves in the POTW nominations. In the final week of the season, Jack realized he can hit a homerun almost every at bat. Jack batted .692, an OPS of 2.769, and had 6 homeruns for 8 RBIs.
- Suns Out Guns Out had a big week on Sunday, mainly thanks to Will McNally (6 nominations, 2 wins). On the day, Will had 11 at bats, and reached base on 10 of them — batting .909 with an OPS of 2.545, hitting 2 homeruns, and having 7 RBI. His steady bat will be key on Sunday.
- Jim Shannon (12 nominations, 2 wins) and Barnburner crew have basically been torching the league batting wise all year. This week, Jim took advantage of some weaker teams batting .786 with an OPS of 3.071, hitting 7 homeruns with 11 RBIs. Will anyone take them down in the playoffs? Good luck Canvassers.
- Adriano DiSorrento (8 nominations, 2 wins) is having a monster year with the Nasty Boys — pitching and batting. This week, Adriano batted .583, had 5 homeruns, and 8 RBI. Not to mention he pitched 7 innings with an ERA of 3.43, with 9 strikeouts. Look for him to keep it going in the playoffs.
VOTING CLOSES AT NOON TUESDAY
The public vote counts for 50% of the overall total, and the league managers vote counts for the remaining 50%.
POTW Week 7
About POTW: Each week five nominess will be announced for Player of the Week. The league, fans, and press will vote for the winner. Winners receive a very limited edition wiffleball keychain. For a history of the award, check out Player of the Week History.